The printing Industry started digitalization in the year 1980 in the 19th century. Since then from desktop digital printers to large-scale printers. Eliminating various types of applications of traditional printing ( screen /plate making, metal typesetting, etc.) and moving to advantages. Digital printing is a single-click printing technology. It is based on computers, digital files & software. People also consider this technology personalized printing.
- Digital printing machines eliminate the time of making film, plate, proofing & set up time.
- Variable data printing allows at an additional cost.
- First, print, and last quality same.
- Small ink particles make your print quality sharper and more accurate.
- No issue in terms of the color registration mark. All colors get printed at one time.
- Digital printing allows printing a variety of media (wood, plastic, fabric tiles, etc.)
- Print-on-demand service.
- Digital printing not required much manpower.
- Zero print setup cost.
- No MOQ is required.
- Digital printing machines are able to produce a high-quality print even a low-resolution image.
- Print cost perspective is best for low quality.
- Easy to personalize
- Fast turnaround.
- No wastage of print media.
Disadvantages of Digital Printing Machine
Except for a lot of benefits, digital printing machines have some disadvantages
- Due to toner-based ink in the digital printing machine, it has lower ink adhesion.
- The digital print cost goes a little higher for the bulk print runs.
- textured or rough media produce a lower-quality print.